Sunday, August 15, 2004

Where does the Time go?

Sheesh! I cannot believe how quickly this week passed. It was normally the most difficult bunch of days of the year for me but I got thru them alright this year. Perhaps a first! Aug 12th marked 11 yrs since my dad passed away and Aug 13 was my uncle's birthday, Aug 14 woulda been my 28th wedding anniv as well as I think my sister's 22nd, and today, Aug 15th was my dad's birthday. It's been a wonderfully relaxing weekend, lots of sunshine and rest. I am almost finished with Lance Armstrong's book "It's Not About the Bike". It's very inspirational, I swear that guy is bionic! My son and his friend Cara also surprised me with another visit yesterday when they just so happened to be at the beach so they called and stopped by. They walked the dog up the street and came back with Mexican food so we sat on the patio laughing, visiting and having a good time. It was nice. I sat down last night to follow some of the Olympics coverage and then to watch "50 First Dates" only to discover yet ANOTHER damn DVD I've bought on eBay that came from Malaysia doesn't work in my player. Damned Malaysians (sorry!). Now it's about time to start thinking about next week and I've got color on my roots then will do some cleaning, write out some bills, take the garbage out, change the sheets and scrape up something for dinner. And that is just about how exciting my life is! I had planned to read a script a friend sent me but haven't manage to get past page 3 without interruption. I was also checking out the band Scissor Sisters from NY since I've heard from a number of varying sources they will be opening for U2 on the 2005 tour. Not too bad actually, some interesting sounds and I haven't yet quite got my finger on how to describe them--a mixture of combined past sounds with a new electronic twist--eclectic for sure and some cool artwork on their album and website. Might have to go check them out late September at Cane's but I'll for sure pick up their CD this week. That is about it. I'll check back in and hope to have something much more exciting to share! Have a good week everybody! :)

No comments: